Contraindications to Receiving Massage Spa Services
The Benefits of Massage: The most popular benefits of massage is both relaxing and invigorating. It is an excellent way to rid the body of tension, stress, helps with circulation, and promotes a sense of overall well-being.
Massage has a detoxifying effect on the body. It is recommended to drink plenty of water after a receiving a massage to flush metabolic waste from the muscle tissues. It is also recommended to avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol for the next 24 hours after receiving a massage.
Additional Tip: Don't eat a heavy meal before a massage.
Precautions & Contraindications: Massage can be very therapeutic for many medical conditions. However, in some cases it is best to get a written scrip from your physician. Massage therapists, may not, under the written law, attempt to diagnose a medical condition. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us for more information.
Massage treatment is non-invasive, relaxing and natural. It is generally considered a safe treatment for most people however, there are three types of contraindications.
Total Contraindications: Massage sessions should not be scheduled if you have any of the following:
- Contagious diseases
- Any cold or flu, no matter how mild it may seem
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol-including prescription pain medication & antibiotics
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- Skin diseases
Local Contraindications: Massage can be performed but limited. Contraindicated areas need to be avoided such as the following:
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Undiagnosed pain
- Inflammation, including arthritis
- Pregnancy is okay normally after the first trimester
Medical Contraindications: Massage can only be performed once medical permission has been granted. If you suffer from any of the following conditions, a massage can be scheduled once it has been approved in writing by your Physician.
- Any serious condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
- Cardio-vascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
- Serious edema
- Serious psoriasis or eczema
- High blood pressure
- Nervous or psychotic conditions
- Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
- Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynecological infections
- The massage professionals with Body Tech Mobile Massage Spa Services follow these protocols to protect your health and well-being
Consultation: Prior to the start of any massage treatment, massage professionals will have each client complete a health history form. The main purpose of the client intake forms is to inform the massage professional of current and past health issues and injuries so the massage professional can take special care to treat current issues and prevent additional injury.Consultation: Prior to the start of any massage treatment, massage professionals will have each client complete a health history form. The main purpose of the client intake forms is to inform the massage professional of current and past health issues and injuries so the massage professional can take special care to treat current issues and prevent additional injury.